Shivani SoodM.D., F.A.C.G., M.P.H Request An Appointment
- State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center
Internal Medicine Training
- Brown University School of Medicine
- North Shore University Hospital, NYU School of Medicine
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- American Gastroenterology Association
- Connecticut State Medical Society
- American Medical Association
Dr. Shivani Sood, MD, is a distinguished graduate of the State University of New York Downstate in Brooklyn, N.Y., where she was honored with the Joshua H. Weiner, M.D. International Health Fellowship Award. She furthered her education with a master’s degree from the Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, N.Y. Dr. Sood completed her Internal Medicine training at Brown University School of Medicine in Providence, Rhode Island, and pursued a Gastroenterological postdoctoral fellowship at North Shore University Hospital, New York University School of Medicine in Manhasset, N.Y.
Board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology, Dr. Sood is recognized as a Fellow of the American College of Gastroenterology. She is an active member of prestigious organizations including the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, the American Gastroenterology Association, and the Connecticut State Medical Society. Dr. Sood’s expertise extends to women’s gastrointestinal health, particularly in areas such as constipation and irritable bowel syndrome. She maintains medical staff privileges at William W. Backus Hospital and is fluent in English, Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu, and basic Spanish.